Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies


I was craving for some chocolate chip cookies, but I didn't want to make a big batch of cookies like I usually do. So I got my Kindle, and scrolled down to my Baking Recipe Books. I decided on baking a cookie recipe from Cookie Cravings: 30 All-Time Favorite Recipes. I got the Kindle edition when it was only a dollar. It's great book with tons of great cookie recipes! The author of this book which is Maria Lichty, is from Two Peas and Their Pods. Tons of great recipes on that site!


These cookies are mini and so cute, that I almost didn't want to eat them...almost! But I did and boy there really good! The mini chocolate chips come in handle when baking up a small batches of cookies like these. They almost look like store bought cookies. These cookies are great for any occasion. Be prepared cause they will go quick! I have many cookie monsters at home, I don't mean kids! haha


I'm loving this cookie spatula that I got for a dollar at Rite Aid! I can transfer two mini cookies on it or one big cookie, one at a time. I love getting things for a dollar! ^_^

You can also find this recipe on her site (link here!)

What are your favorite cookies?

Enjoy!


Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield: Makes about 3 dozen mini cookies / Bake Time: 8 minutes

Ingredients:


1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat and set aside.

2. In medium bowl, whisk the flour, salt, and baking soda together. Set aside.

3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugars together until creamy and smooth. Add in the egg and vanilla extract.

4. Slowly mix in the flour, until combined. Stir in mini chocolate chips.

5. Roll dough into tiny balls, about 2 teaspoons of dough. Place on baking sheet and slightly flatten with the palm of your hand. Bake for 8 minutes or until cookies are golden brown and set. Remove from the oven and let cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...