Friday, August 17, 2012

Savory Sweet Life's "The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe EVER!


My mood this week has been a bit down. I've tried cheering myself up by doing the things I love, but nothing was really working right. I'm guessing the cause is from the summer heat, which is keeping me away from the kitchen. It kept me out the kitchen from doing the two things I love, cooking and baking. But a girl has to eat! So I thought what better way to brighten up my melancholy mood than to crank up the oven and bake Savory Sweet Life's "The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe EVER"!

I found this recipe off of a blog called, My baking Addiction. So I followed the link and headed over to Savory Sweet Life's blog. This chocolate chip cookie recipe is from a cook book called, Savory Sweet Life's: 100 Simply Delicious Recipes for Every Family Occasion.
 The author of book is Alice Currah and her blog, Savory Sweet Life. I'm so adding this book to my Amazon wishlist!


I must say these cookies are so deliciously chewy and soft. The dark brown sugar adds a deeper rich flavor, unlike light brown sugar. Though I'm not saying you don't get great cookies with light brown sugar, it's just you can taste a differences. I divided up both semi-sweet and bitter-sweet chocolate chips for this recipe. I didn't have enough semi-sweet chocolate, plus I like the combination of both chocolates. Definitely one of the best chocolate chip cookies I've made by far!

These cookies sure did brighten up my mood, I'm sure yours will too!

Enjoy!

Savory Sweet Life's "The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe EVER"
Yield: 4 dozen cookies Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 12 minutes







Ingredients:

1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 3/4 cups (12 oz) all-purpose flour *If at all possible, please weigh the flour
3/4 tsp. smallish-medium coarse sea salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
2 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions: 
Preheat oven to 360 degrees. 
Cream butter, sugar, and brown sugar until it is nice and fluffy (approx. 3 minutes on medium-high speed on a K-5). Add both eggs and vanilla and beat for an additional 2 minutes. Add baking soda, baking powder, salt, and flour until cookie batter is fully incorporated. Finally add chocolate chips until well distributed. The cookie batter should be somewhat thick. 
Drop about 2 tablespoons of dough or use a medium cookie scoop and plop the batter onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. 
Bake for 12-14 minutes until the edges are nice and golden brown. Remove from heat and allow the cookies to stay on the cookie sheet for an additional 2 minutes. Pick up the parchment paper with the cookies still on top and transfer to a cool non-porous surface. Allow the cookies to cool on the paper for at least 3 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Savory Sweet Life's Notes

*please do not use table salt, the sea salt gives the cookies a nice flavor and hints of texture. If you only have table salt, use 1/2 tsp.

 *When using sea salt, you will get small crunchy flecks of salt when you bite into the cookie. If you do not like this taste, go with 1/2 teaspoon of table salt.

*I realized grocery stores sell bags of chocolate chips in 12 oz bags but this recipe really needs every last chip. Otherwise you’ll get cookies with only a few chips in each one and this recipe requires lots of chocolate to bulk the cookie up. You’ll need about 1 1/2 bags.

Source: Savory Sweet Life

1 comment:

  1. Ohh I'm always on the hunt for another great chocolate chip cookie recipe! :) Thanks for sharing!

    And thanks so much for visiting my blog and for your super sweet words!

    xo Jenny

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...