Monday, October 8, 2012

Blueberry Muffins



I’m telling you, one day I’m going to turn into a blueberry…lol I love blueberries, there one of my most favorite fruits! Love adding them to pancakes, pies, muffins and even just munching on them alone is a great treat. Since I had some in the fridge, thought I whip up some Blueberry Muffins. Any kind of muffin is my type of morning breakfast, hell even cupcakes will do! I also love when recipes have a crumb or streusel topping. In this recipe you make a crumb topping, which is the best part!

This recipe is from Allrecipes.com. I love going to this site, especially when the holidays are around the corner. There are some great recipes on there!  

These Blueberry Muffins are so good. They’re more of a cake like batter. Meaning they taste denser. These did taste a little dryer then other types of blueberry muffins I had before. But that didn’t stop me from having one or two. There really good but I wouldn’t say there to “ to die for”. I’ll let you be the judge of that! 


 If you want a simple easy recipe, I say give this one a try!

Enjoy!
 
 Blueberry Muffins 
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes Ready In: 40 minutes Serving: 8

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1/3 cup milk (used coconut milk)
1 cup fresh blueberries

Crumb Topping:

1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter, cubed
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C.). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.

Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with the flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.

To make the Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.

Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated over, or until done.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...