Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting


Happy Halloween!

How's everyone doing on the east coast? This hurricane sandy was just crazy! But I just didn't want to let this hurricane keep me away from my baking. While I still have power, I wanted to bake up some very yummy Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcakes. Just in time for Halloween too! I wanted to incorporate some pumpkin into my chocolate cupcakes, so I found this wonderful recipe on I am Baker. This is the most moist cupcakes I've ever tasted!


For the Cinnamon Buttercream, I found this recipe on My Kitchen Addiction. I minus the brown sugar in this recipe because I didn't want it overly too sweet. This frosting is so darn good! I love the added cinnamon in this frosting, gives it a kick. Combine together makes the most delicious cupcakes, I've tried!

I also love these cute Halloween baking cups I bought from Tops. I think I'm going to go back and get some more for next year! ^_~


 For the finishing touch I drizzle some Vanilla Bean Caramel Sauce on these babies! This caramel sauce is so so good! I drizzle this sauce on everything, and I mean EVERYTHING! I love drizzling this on top of ice cream. Oh man...I think I'll have some when I'm done with this blog post...lol I will post this recipe soon!

This is a wonderful treat for Halloween. If your going to have a party, make them. If you have kids, make them, and if you don't and it's just you...make them!

Enjoy!

Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcakes
Makes 24 cupcakes

Ingredients:

1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 tablespoon vanilla
3/4 cups softened butter
4 Eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
2/3 cups cocoa
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoons salt

Instructions:

Heat oven to 350

In a small bowl combine buttermilk and pumpkin. Just mix together until incorporated.

In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.

In a mixer, beat the butter, sugars, and vanilla together until light and fluffy. Add in eggs, one at a time, until fully incorporated.

Alternating, add the flour mixture and buttermilk mixture to the sugar mixture. Beginning and ending with the flour mixture.

Mix for 1 minute on low until fully combined. Using an ice cream scoop or 1/4 cup measuring cup, place batter in prepared cupcake pan.

Bake for 16-20 minutes. Cupcakes are done when an inserted toothpick comes out clean.

Source: I am Baker

Cinnamon Brown Sugar Buttercream

1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup shortening
1/3 cup dark brown sugar, packed (I excluded this ingredient)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3 cups powdered sugar (varies based on temperature/humidity)
3 tablespoons half and half (varies based on temperature/humidity)

In a large mixer bowl, combine the butter and shortening. Whip together with the whisk attachment until light and fluffy. 

Add the brown sugar and cinnamon and whisk until well combined.

Gradually add the powdered sugar, 1/2 cup at a time. Alternately add the half and half, whipping the icing on medium-high speed after each addition, until the desired consistency is reached.

Fill a pastry bag with the icing and pipe the icing onto the cupcakes. Top the cupcakes with Halloween candy and a sprinkle of cinnamon, if desired.

Source: My Kitchen Addiction


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...